Wednesday 16 April 2014

An uncomfortable experience...

Today has been a little crowded at work as all my family were in with me! Mikey wanted a haircut so we picked both kids up and took them with us when we went to the bank. While Mikey was being coiffured Sophie and I had a coffee at BB's before going into Tesco where I picked up a couple of bargains - wine for half price, including a white from Burgundy, and a great offer on the Tassimo Costa Coffee.

We were busier today even though the weather was beautiful. I had hoped to go home with the children and Keith in the afternoon but we stayed just in case they needed any help. It would have been a waste of time anyway, as three of us had a dentist appointment at 4.30pm, which I wasn't really looking forward to!

Keith stayed in the car while the three of us went to our doom. I told the dentist about Mikey's braces and said that he was hardly wearing them but after a little lecture, I think Mikey might be wearing them more often now! When it was my turn everything was OK, but he said he'd do a scale and polish as usual. I braced myself (I can feel myself tense up as soon as I'm horizontal in the chair) as I really hate the suction thing the nurse uses to suck up the excess water... This time, though, I think my dentist had hired a trainee as she stuck the thing right down my throat and I almost choked! I batted her hand away and shouted, "No!" as I really thought I was going to be sick as well! After a couple of seconds they resumed but my dentist kept nudging her hand away so she was obviously unsure of what she was doing!

Luckily, he didn't take too long to do the scale and polish and then I was set free! He did coat my teeth with a smear of fluoride before I left which tasted a bit yukky!

Back at home I helped Keith prepare the dinner and then we went into the conservatory for a drink and a game of cards. I put out some crisps and when I tasted the wine it seemed very bitter even though I'd drunk some of it the night before and it was fine. After a couple more sips it really tasted horrible so I put another bottle of white in the fridge to cool, but when I tasted this (a Californian Chardonnay) that tasted strange as well...

I can only think it was the fluoride, so I'm hoping that tomorrow my taste buds will revert to normal!

No comments: