Sunday 27 April 2014

Removing irritations!

This morning I finished off glossing the woodwork in the en-suite so I'm really pleased with the results. Everything looks so much cleaner now!

While I was upstairs I heard a load of hammering from the kitchen so I went down to discover Keith had taken a cupboard door off that had been sticking for years. It's a full sized door and every time we open or close it, it sticks on our floor tiles which has been an irritation for longer than I can remember! I helped him sand the bottom down and after about three attempts, we re-hung the door and it opened and closed beautifully. What a relief! I was delighted!

In the afternoon I went off to Homesense with Mum as she'd bought me a gift voucher. I picked out a new bath mat, some lovely smelly soap and a little notebook that I'll use for all household lists. I'm an avid list writer at work and it really motivates me to get stuff done, so I'll use the notebook to write down things that need doing and then hopefully, I'll get them completed!

We picked up our grumpy daughter from the station at almost 9pm. She was grumpy because she was tired and hungry and had missed dinner, even though she'd told us originally that she'd be catching the 6.30pm train home. We took two of her friends home as well and when we all got in she cooked herself a flatbread with cheese and we looked at her photos. She'd had a brilliant time but was shattered. That's what a city break does for you!

No comments: