Saturday 12 April 2014

Annoyed!

I was up at 6.45am this morning and sitting downstairs drinking a weak latte (my fault, I only used one espresso). The weather wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, being grey and overcast, so my mood was a bit grey as well!

I had a feeling that I would get a call from work saying one of the staff was out sick, and lo and behold, it came at just after 10am... Up until then I'd been trying to tempt fate by researching places Sophie and I could go for a day out, but of course, she had to go into work at midday and any plans I might have had were definitely scuppered.

I met Mum and Dad for a coffee at BB's after dropping her off at work and we all agreed that we will have to get a new member of staff in on Saturday mornings to be a "floater" who will be an extra member of staff available should someone call in sick. I really don't care about Sundays as Sophie is in anyway, but I do love having Saturday free and at the moment I can't even make plans to go somewhere as I'm scared the phone will ring.

After having coffee with my parents I bought a new quilt and some sheets for the children's beds and went home to change their beds. My bed will have to wait until tomorrow!

Keith and Mikey went off to the football in the afternoon and ten minutes after they left, Sophie called to ask me to pick her up from work at 4pm. As a treat I took her to Costa Coffee and bought her a Creamy Cooler. She was in a grouchy mood so that made her feel a little better!

The evening was spent watching the last episode of True Detective which has been brilliant. The two lead actors, Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, have been superb and I've loved every episode. The last one was bloody and full of suspense and I'll really miss tuning into this every week. Saturday night TV is usually so rubbish that it's been a real treat to watch something so well written with two fantastic, talented actors!

No comments: