Tuesday 13 August 2013

The beginning of the end...

This morning, driving to work, there was a definite nip in the air, making me turn off the air conditoning in the car! I always think that August is the start of Autumn (or the beginning of the end of Summer!) and the nights are certainly drawing in now, with it being dark at 9.30pm. If I sound a bit gleeful, it's because I really don't like this time of the year, if I'm brutally honest.

The summer holidays are always a stressful time for us at work as we have around six weeks of noise and mess (I know..I know I should be grateful) and everybody seems to be away on holiday so there's always excuses as to why things can't be done. I heave a huge sigh of relief when the kids go back in September and things return to normal!

I love the period September to the beginning of November, when the nights draw in, it's lovely and cool (or cold) and you can get all cosy at home and light fires. I know some people will think I'm mad, but there you are!

After a busy day at work it was great to get home and sit in the conservatory with Keith and play a game of cards for the first time in ages. We then had a barbecue but it certainly wasn't sitting out in the garden weather. Autumn here we come!

No comments: