Sunday 18 August 2013

Lizards all round!

Today I have been mostly eating and drinking in cafes and restaurants!

Keith and I went to get the newspapers this morning and had a quick coffee in "Coffee at No.9", the first time we'd ever been in there. We'd planned on going out for the day to South Wales but Mikey was extremely reluctant to go so we decided to give it a miss and take the kids out for a meal in the evening instead.We enjoyed our drink at Coffee at No.9 and it'll be nice to go back one Sunday morning with the children for breakfast.

Sophie and I went for a swim and had lunch at the gym...well, she did, I had a coffee and a protein bar which filled me up for the rest of the afternoon! We took Mum to Beckworth Emporium and had a cup of tea and then mooched about looking at the plants but I wasn't really in the mood to get anything until my summer bedding has finished. I'd like to fill the conservatory with plants for the winter to make it a bit more colourful in there so I may go back and use the voucher that Mum and Dad bought us for our Wedding Anniversary.

We drove to Milton Keynes in the evening to Las Iguanas restaurant in the busy Hub. Keith and Mikey had never been before but they both enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. We started with Tapas - nachos with chicken, quesadillas and meatballs, which were deliciously spicy. Keith and I both had slow cooked lamb with a beetroot and leaf salad served with potatoes while the children went for chicken fajitas. They both managed a dessert while I enjoyed a creamy latte. The waiter was very attentive (and good-looking so Sophie enjoyed the evening!) so all in all we had a great time!

No comments: