Sunday 4 August 2013

Bored and restless!

Today has been one of the those days when I really should have had something arranged as I've felt restless and moody all day! The grey damp weather certainly didn't help either!

After popping in to see Mum for coffee I went home to help Sophie colour her hair (and I did mine too, as I resemble a badger). I spent the afternoon feeling guilty that I wasn't at the gym or out for a walk but I didn't feel like doing anything!

I brightened up in the evening as we went out for dinner at Bella Italia, to celebrate all our homecomings. The place was almost deserted and we were warned by the woman who showed us to our table that there was a problem with the service. They were even turning customers away who hadn't pre-booked a table.

We had a good meal, but the place was exceptionally quiet and we were almost the last to leave at 9.30pm. I'm not sure we will go back to this particular restaurant as the last time Keith and I were in there it was also very quiet, but I put that down to a football match going on next door at the Northampton stadium.

Today, Sophie edited some of the 500 photos she took in Berlin. Here are a few showing some scenes that I would never think of capturing. She's got a good eye!

View from our window

View over Wallstrasse (and building work!)



The road of hell! We have to cross this busy 6 lane road to get to the Nikolai quarter. Luckily there are pedestrian crossings!

Cobbled street in the Nikolai Quarter


Alexanderplatz station



Bode Museum

No comments: