Thursday 8 August 2013

Gecko-sitting!

Friends of ours are going on holiday soon and they've asked me to look after their Gecko...! I went around tonight to learn how to feed it and make sure it survives while they are away! They feed on live crickets which is a bit alarming but I'm sure I'll manage. I stroked the little creature and it felt very rough and bumpy but I won't be cuddling it again, once is enough!

After my Gecko adventure, I went out for a meal with some friends to the Brampton Halt pub. Everyone was sitting outside enjoying the warm evening air, but we decided to have our meal inside as there were some threatening storm clouds on the horizon and I didn't fancy having to run for cover if the heavens opened.

We had a lovely meal and a great chat about all things womanly. All of us are approaching a very dodgy time of life and it was good to swap horror stories and have a giggle. We enjoyed nachos with chicken to start, along with a baked camembert cheese and crusty bread. I chose fish and chips for a main course which was cooked beautifully. As Keith had given me a lift I was able to enjoy a glass or two of a delicious South African Chenin Blanc. We were almost the last to leave - definitely the sign of a good night!

No comments: