Wednesday 14 August 2013

A sociable day

I had my whole family in with me at work today and when Mum and Dad popped in during the afternoon it was very crowded indeed! Sophie wasn't needed to work so she came with us to the bank and Booker and it was great having her company.

After work Soph and I went off to the gym and she actually worked quite hard, which was good. I had to get home early, though, to feed the gecko and have a quick bite to eat before I picked Mum up to go to another evening of Mediumship at the Spiritualist Church in Northampton.

Sophie came with us this time, which surprised me! We also met my friend Lynda and two of her friends in the car park so there was quite a crowd of us. I have to say, though, that the evening was very disappointing again. The medium (a woman) was very animated, with a loud booming voice which I found off-putting. Again, there was too much vague information and generalisation so Mum and I are wondering whether it's worth going again next month. One of Lynda's friends was "contacted" by her mother but afterwards, when we chatted about the evening, she said that her mother had died 38 years ago and actually (in her words) hated her! I was shocked and she said she wasn't convinced at all.

When we returned to the car it was dark already - Autumn is definitely on its way!

No comments: