Friday 2 August 2013

Post holiday chores.

There were certain things that had to be done today, no matter what! Of course, we had a suitcase full of dirty washing that needed to be sorted out and the car windscreen and bonnet were covered in 1500 miles worth of dead flies that had to be removed. I did some ironing and then swapped with Keith who loves to watch sport while he presses all our clothes.

While he was doing that I tackled the dirty car and chatted to Gill who told us that they'd bought a new house, so things look like they will be moving soon and we will definitely be getting new neighbours. My second urgent task after cleaning the car was to sort out our garden which was a shaggy mess. There were dead leaves all over the unkempt lawn, half the flowers needed dead-heading and I couldn't stand looking at it a minute longer!

Once the lawn was mowed it immediately looked better and once I picked up all the dead leaves and gave it some TLC I was very pleased! Now I'll be able to sit out and relax! The weather, which had been dull and cloudy, gave way to warm sunshine and a lovely breeze - perfect for drying our mounds of washing!

My last urgent deed of the day was to give Archie a fur-cut. He'd disappeared for a couple of days, but with psychic instinct he'd made a return today so while Sophie held him I used our hair apparatus on him (I'm no longer allowed to cut Mikey's hair) and shaved off the big tangles that had appeared on his back. He now looks a bit like he's had a bad haircut but at least he'll feel a bit better!

I can cross off another activity on my Bucket List!

  1. Visit Saltaire near Bradford - a Victorian model village built by Sir Titus Salt for his mill workers. 
  2. Drive to Berlin (maybe a bit dodgy this one but I'm going to persevere).
  3. Visit a UK Christmas Market.
  4. Walk through Dovedale in the Peak District.
  5. Make a Christmas cake.
  6. Write a short story - it's about time I got back into my writing.
  7. Visit Coton Manor Gardens.
  8. Climb at least one of the highest mountains in the UK - either Scafell Pike, Ben Nevis or Snowdon (hmmm...got to get that treadmill at the gym on a higher incline...)
  9. Visit Portmeirion in Wales.
  10. Ride one of the scarier roller coasters when we visit Florida, but NOT the Hulk!
  11. Visit the National Gallery.
  12. Read Wuthering Heights.
  13. Grow a Sunflower from seed.
I suppose, technically, I can also cross off No.13 as the sunflower is now over 6ft tall, but no actual flowers yet!

No comments: