Sunday 25 August 2013

Sunny-ish Sunday

Our neighbours, Gill and Tim, came home early this morning after what they called a nightmare journey through France, with queues at all the tolls and at the Eurotunnel. They were very happy with how we looked after Haggis the gecko and I'm just mightily relieved I don't have to chase crickets around their bathroom any more (we lost three in total!).

After a coffee with Mum and Dad, Sophie and I went off to the gym for a swim and a spell in the spa before having lovely hot showers and lunch in the cafe. The grey weather had given way to warm sunny weather while we were swimming, although there was still a great deal of cloud about.

We went home and after a frustrating hour looking at my family tree I managed to persuade Sophie to go for a walk with me over the fields (she's blackmailed me into buying her a mocha coffee cooler and a MacFlurry).

It was warm and sunny and we did a good time, powering up the hill really quickly. Back home I relaxed in the garden with the Sunday newspapers and a V&T while Keith barbecued. I'm thinking this is maybe the last one of the summer as the really hot temperatures have given way to cooler evenings. I don't think we can complain about this summer, though!

No comments: