Friday 16 August 2013

"Hell hole"!

Today has not been very enjoyable. We awoke to rain and grey skies so I just knew it was going to be busy. Sophie and Abi were off to London for the day so I couldn't even rely on my daughter coming into work to help out!

As predicted, we were frantic and I spent most of my time clearing tables, washing up and wading through rubbish left behind by our lovely customers. I do wonder how the new place is going to react to this when they open next week. They have put a line in their Rules of Play asking customers to pick up or wipe up spilled food and drink...they are in for a shock!

To top things off we had a toddler throw herself onto the floor in a tantrum and hit her head, causing her to lose consciousness so I had to call an ambulance. Luckily she came around and was fine but it's always a worry when something like this happens. We also had an irate man on the phone threatening us as he'd left his car in our car park for over three weeks without telling us what he was going to do with it, so we had to have it removed to the Police pound. We'd given him seven days to remove it, which he'd ignored, and I found it pretty strange that he discovered it missing the very day it had been taken away! He phoned and swore down the phone at us and threatened to come down and cause a load of bother, so that was nice! The things we have to put up with! Our Receptionist accurately described the place today as a "hell-hole" and as she's normally quite laid back, I knew it had got to her too!

It was a huge relief to finally get home and put my sore feet up! How I'd imagined I'd be going to the gym I do not know!

No comments: