Monday 12 August 2013

Happy Mondays!

Monday morning got off to a bit of a stressful start when we discovered that none of our staff were prepared to come in and work...and we had a large lunchtime party! Luckily, my poor daughter came in even though she'd asked for the day off so we were saved, although I did have to operate the till in the kitchen which is always a bit difficult!

The day definitely improved and after work Sophie and I went off to the gym for a much needed workout. It was our first time for two weeks so we took it a bit easy and then had a swim and a dip in the jacuzzi...perfect!

We shot home after our session as I had to feed the gecko. This is proving to be a bit tricky! Not the actual feeding but getting the pesky crickets into a container so I can coat them with the protein powder! They tend to jump all over the place and we lost one on Saturday night! However, tonight I held a big plastic jug under the two containers in case I lost any, but everything was fine.

We had a very pleasant evening watching A Place in the Sun- Home or Away, USA and it featured a couple from Northampton who were looking to re-locate to Sarasota in Florida. They were thinking of spending £650,000 on a family home and Sophie and I were green with envy at what Jasmine Harman showed them on the gorgeous Gulf Coast and they decided on one for over £800,000! However, when we googled the couple after the show we discovered they're still in the UK! So much for moving!

At around 10.30pm Sophie, Mikey and I went off for a walk around the estate to see if we could see the meteor shower but although we saw lots of stars we didn't see anything at all!

No comments: