Tuesday 20 August 2013

Going AWOL

Keith woke me up this morning later than I'd have liked ( I was dreaming we were in a fish and chip restaurant) but there was no way I could have just jumped in the shower straight away...I needed coffee! I went downstairs and Keith said, "Do you have to go to work today?"

Well, actually, no I didn't as it was a gorgeous day, I was pretty much up to date with all I needed to do and there was no real reason why I should have to go in. I called my parents and said I could do with the day off and that was that!

I cooked us all a big breakfast and then tackled the downstairs of the house as I hadn't done any in-depth cleaning for ages. By 1pm I was finished so Keith suggested we go for a walk over the fields, something we haven't done for a while. It was hot but we had a great walk and I picked a big bunch of purply hedgerow flowers to put in a vase at home.

After a soak in the bath I drove over to the Co-op in Brixworth to get some nibbles for the evening as Sue was coming over for a glass of wine and a chat.We had a great couple of hours chatting and nibbling on stuffed peppers and olives over a glass of very good Vouvray.

After Sue had gone we ate the rest of the food I'd bought and watched the bats flying over the conservatory. The sky was the most beautiful indigo blue and it was lovely to know that the bats were still around. We all went to pick Mikey up from Army Cadets and then, as a treat, we drove over to Mawsley to get some very indulgent ice-cream to round off a wonderful day!

No comments: