Saturday 10 August 2013

Birthday shopping

Mikey's face was back to normal this morning so we think he may have been allergic to the horses he was stroking, although he's never been like that before. Strange!

I drove over to Waitrose in Rushden in the afternoon to get cards and a present for my Dad's birthday tomorrow. I really like this branch and spent a pleasant half hour browsing and looking at all the sumptuous foods on offer. I treated my Dad to a small bottle of Talisker from the children (he wanted money from me, to go towards a new battery charger...don't ask!), bought myself a bottle of South African Chenin Blanc and some pate and crusty bread for lunch.

Sophie called me to say that her face felt itchy and red as well so I'm wondering what's going on. We haven't changed washing powders or anything but her symptoms may be due to a bit of stress as her exam results are out next Thursday - our wedding anniversary!

After I picked my daughter up from work I treated her to a Creamy Cooler in Costa Coffee and then Keith and I popped to the pub for an hour (the other one!). I suppose we're lucky that we do have two decent pubs nearby but the Royal Oak is definitely our favourite!

After a delicious dinner of beef casserole we caught up on some great programmes we'd recorded - Southcliffe which started last weekend and was very good indeed, and Top of the Lake which has been showing on BBC2 on Saturday nights. Normally Saturday nights are full of what I call "Trash TV" but for once the BBC has come up trumps with this slightly weird thriller set in New Zealand!


No comments: