Wednesday 14 March 2012

We have a winner!

Cheltenham has been on all this week so Keith and I have been having a couple of bets, but he's been far more successful than me. Sadly, the horse I picked yesterday, Scots Irish which was the favourite, had to be put down as it broke a leg. It's this side of horseracing I really don't like and having been at a course where a horse has died, the whole crowd fall silent and you can feel the emotion. I don't doubt the horses are looked after really well and it's always tragic when they don't finish a race.

Anyway, today Keith backed a horse called Son of Flicka and it won for him at 16-1!! Keith was over the moon as it meant that he wouldn't lose a penny over the week! Needless to say the horse I picked came nowhere so I think I'll write this Festival off!

No comments: