Friday 30 March 2012

Fuel panic

Another theme that has dominated this week is the panic buying of fuel that has erupted after the tanker drivers here in the UK talked about going on strike. Unfortunately the Government made things worse by encouraging people to stock up on fuel with the result that every garage I've passed has long lines of people trying to buy fuel for their cars!

I've got just under half a tank in my car but as I'm planning to go to Milton Keynes on Sunday to do some shopping for Sophie's birthday, I'm going to need to get some soon, but I hate the thought of being in a long line of cars waiting to get at the pumps!

Someone posted a photo on Facebook today which summed up the situation pretty well. It shows a man holding a placard with the words:

"Severe shortage of common sense...Don't panic, receive your FREE complimentary slap on the head today!"

Hmmm...not sure now if I want to go and fill up even though I will need to either tomorrow or Sunday...I don't want a slap on the head!

No comments: