Thursday 22 March 2012

Drought!

Today I finished a load of paperwork that had to be done at work so I was very relieved it was all done. The weather has stayed beautiful now for a few days but it's not a good idea to get carried away and think that Spring is here to stay!

Although it's great to have sunny, dry weather, our area is suffering from a drought at the moment and from the beginning of next month our water company has issued us with a hosepipe ban. I'll certainly be thinking carefully about what plants to buy for the summer as I really don't want to be lugging a full watering can all over the garden!

On a happier note, I booked for Mum, Sophie and me to go to Bruges in June for two days. We're travellling by Eurostar and staying in a hotel in the centre called the Jan Brito for one night. I'm really looking forward to visiting Bruges again as it's a beautiful city with some fantastic chocolate shops and some very good Belgian beer. I wonder if I can convert my mum to the beer? She's already a huge fan of chocolate!

No comments: