Saturday 17 March 2012

House, transformed...

Today has been very busy, but also very enjoyable.

I worked hard in the house all day to get it ready for our evening and I have to say when I finished everywhere looked lovely (well, downstairs did!) which was a huge difference from the morning when it looked a complete mess! Before picking Sophie up from work Keith and I went to Tesco to buy some bread and the place was absolutely heaving with people buying flowers and cards for their mums. I was so so glad I hadn't left buying the food until today! We bought what we needed and then beat a hasty retreat!

The evening went very well and I introduced a new format where we tasted the wines completely blind. We had some very good bottles, notably a Portugese red, a delicious Rioja and some very fruity and moreish whites. It was interesting to find out where people thought the wines came from. I gave them all a "cheat sheet" to help and although I scored the highest I gave the first prize to Sue as I was able to deduce where a couple came from by process of elimination!

No comments: