Friday 2 March 2012

I'm allowed out!

Friday nights are always sacred to Keith. It's a man thing and where he comes from, the North-East of England, the men go out on a Frdiay night while Saturday night is couples night. Keith's been going out on a Friday night for as long as I've known him and it's been something I've always accepted.

Tonight, when he was in the bath, his phone rang and it was Dave's son saying that Dave was ill and wouldn't be meeting him at the pub. It was funny because as I was driving home I really fancied doing something different so here was my chance! It was a lovely feeling!

Faced with so much choice of where to go we opted for our local pub, The White Horse, as we rarely went in there, much preferring The Royal Oak. However, we had a very pleasant hour in there, chatting to the other locals and hearing about the events over the weekend, which included a lot of men being waxed for charity. Keith was glad he had an excuse to get out of that one!

We stayed for an hour and then went home and had a very delicious dinner - one of Tesco's meals for a tenner which included a bottle of wine! Fab!

No comments: