Friday 30 March 2012

Oh dear!

I have fallen behind badly with this week's blog, simply because not a lot has happened and it was very difficult trying to make the blog interesting enough to read! I'm going to have to do some more fascinating things in my life!

This week has been dominated by the weather. We've had unseasonably high temperatures during the day despite very chilly mornings when there's been a frost. Afternoon averages have reached just over 20 degrees centigrade and we've had unbroken sunshine now for almost two weeks.

Understandably this has resulted in being very quiet at work, and I think this week has been one of our worst weeks ever for business. Every afternoon we've been empty so on Wednesday we closed at 3pm, on Thursday we closed at 4.30pm but today (Friday) we're much busier as we have several groups in, including two birthday parties.

Today the weather has been chillier and cloudy and it's amazing what a difference it makes. The children break up from school today for two weeks and I hear the weather forecast is set to be colder and cloudier, with even snow forecast for some parts of the UK!

I have to admit it's been nice to get home at a reasonable time and enjoy the good weather. Mum and Dad were due to take their new caravan to Grafham Water but they had a slight technical problem so they've postponed their first ever trip for a couple of months. They've now found somewhere to store the caravan on a permanent basis as getting it in and out of their drive is proving to be slightly tricky! I'm glad it's not me towing it!

No comments: