Thursday 1 March 2012

Spring has sprung!

It was a beautiful day today and really warm and sunny so Mum and I ventured outside to try and clear some rubbish away from the hedge that borders the car park. We worked for about an hour and managed to clear lots of litter away - it never fails to amaze me how people can just chuck away bottles and cans and crisp packets. Driving along our roads in Northampton we seem to have a bad problem with litter and the gangs of workers dealing with it seem to be a rarity now. I suppose it's all down to the cutbacks, but it's awful to see our verges and hedges full of rubbish.

Anyway, we're now officially into Spring and the evenings are getting much lighter. It's a lovely time of year but I have a feeling that although it's March, winter could still hold us in its grip! I'm not relaxing just yet!

No comments: