Tuesday 6 March 2012

A sort of Anniversary...

Keith and I have been together 24 years today and I have to ask where all those years have gone? I really can't believe it!

I took the day off work but we didn't do anything exciting. The first couple of hours were taken up with sorting out domestic problems - the loo in our en-suite had been making a terrible droning noise whenever it was flushed so Keith tackled that and then replaced the batteries in our carbon monoxide alarm which had been beeping loudly all night. I made matters worse by slamming shut the door on our dishwasher and breaking the tiny lever inside which meant it wouldn't close properly so we had to take the whole door off and replace the handle which sounds simple, but wasn't.

As I had the day off I intended going to the DVLA offices to start the transfer of my private plate from the Passat to the Audi, but I'd left all the paperwork in my office. We called into work, then had an indulgent half hour at Costa Coffee with two lattes and a scone and a pastry for breakfast. It was a beautiful sunny day and it almost felt like we were truly in Italy and soaking up the sunshine!

When we went to the DVLA office I discovered I'd omitted a vital piece of paperwork so we had to drive all the way home, get it out of our file and then go back but at least it's all completed now and within seven days I'll get the go-ahead to transfer my own plate onto the Audi.

In the evening we all went to a local Chinese restaurant to celebrate our sort-of Anniversary and we had a delicious and very filling meal which the children loved.

24 years...unbelieveable!

No comments: