Saturday 3 March 2012

Saying goodbye...

Despite the weather forecast saying it would rain all day today, after a brief shower in the morning, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day. I dropped Sophie off at work, had some lunch and then went outside to tidy up the front garden which was looking very sad for itself. We have several Hypericum bushes which are gorgeous but one of them was looking very dead indeed.

I went to see if Sue was around as she is a font of knowledge of all things gardeny, but she was away for the weekend so I chatted to Paul instead who thought that maybe the bush was still alive. They have some Hypericum bushes as well and theirs were looking a bit sorry for themselves as well. I decided to cut it back and see what happens. Looking closely I could see some new buds but I think the spell of really cold temperatures we had a few weeks back really took its toll on the garden.

I filled our garden bin with leaves and dead branches and the garden looked a lot better. I think I'll tackle the back garden on another day!

When we went to pick Sophie up from work we drove down to Brackmills, the industrial estate where Keith used to work. His old building had completely gone now so we took some photographs and said goodbye to the place where we met 24 years ago!

No comments: