Saturday 10 March 2012

Getting ready...

Decorating time has loomed again and Keith and I have put aside the whole of Sunday to re-paint the kitchen. It's been something we've been meaning to do for ages but the arrival of our friends next Saturday for our Wine Evening has expedited it somewhat!

We weren't supposed to be hosting it again as it was Sarah and Liam's turn, but they've had a bit of a mishap in their house and it was actually dangerous to hold the evening there!

I only realised the extent of the damage when I went to deliver their reminder note and was invited in to see what had happened...While they were away at half-term skiing in the French Alps, their son somehow left the shower running for almost eight hours and had flooded the ground floor. The wooden flooring in their hall had risen up and at one point had formed a "mountain" that was very easy to trip over. The water had cascaded down the walls so four of their rooms had to be re-decorated and new flooring put down. Ooops!

I fully understood their predicament and said it would be no problem hosting it at our house. I just needed to do something about the kitchen!

I spent most of Saturday cleaning and preparing the kitchen to be painted and as a treat in the evening, Keith treated me to a couple of drinks in the pub while our Chinese take-away was being cooked. Bliss!

No comments: