Sunday 4 March 2012

Wash out!

In total contrast to yesterday today was a complete wash-out! We all went out for breakfast and I popped into work on the way to ask Laura to try and get some more staff in, as I had a feeling we would be very busy!

In the afternoon, Mum, Sophie and I drove over to Olney in Buckinghamshire to see if any of the designer dress shops were open as Soph's Prom is looming ever closer and tensions are beginning to rise. The rain and sleet continued unabated and we all got soaked to the skin as none of the shops were open. We ran into a cosy Brasserie for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake and dried out before getting back into the car and going back to Mum's house.

On the way home we decided to make an appointment at a hire service for ballgowns in Northampton and then Sophie can try and get a good idea of what she wants to wear. Hopefully she can then hire something rather than buy!

Honestly...I never had a Prom to go to when I was her age!

No comments: