Saturday 7 January 2012

Wasting time...

I had a lovely early start this morning and sat and caught up with some recorded television programmes with a cup of coffee and a peaceful house. Keith went off to do the food shopping so I watched a film called "Hereafter" starring Matt Damon and directed by Clint Eastwood. It was a very good, thought-provoking film and dealt with death and the afterlife...a bit heavy for first thing on a Saturday morning!

I dropped Sophie off at work and then went off to try and get a couple of blinds for the kitchen - one for the door and one for the window. I soon came to realise that our windows are not a standard size and the blinds in Homebase were either too small or too big. Undeterred I drove off to B&Q where there was even less choice and the sizes were the same. I was longing for lunch when I came out of the store so I gave up the search and went home for a sandwich, resigned to the fact that we may have to have them specially made!

All the things I intended to do today didn't get done. It was lovely to just laze about and do very little and did I feel guilty? Not at all!

No comments: