Saturday 28 January 2012

Granted a reprieve!

I woke up this morning with the awful feeling I get when I know I have to go into work. It meant that I couldn't really settle to anything although I did manage to give my filthy little Audi a good scrub!

Half way through the morning I learnt that our weekend cook hadn't turned up for work. This turn of events meant that Polly had to come in, which I felt extremely bad about. She was already down to work on Sunday so she had to give up her whole weekend, poor thing.

When I took Sophie in the place was busy but nicely busy and Polly assured me that she could manage as they had enough staff despite the assistant cook also calling in sick! I stayed for about an hour and brought out some more chairs from our storage unit so that customers could find somewhere to sit. The weather today has been bright and sunny but a little chilly so as I drove away I thought it couldn't be as busy as last week...

How wrong I was! At 4pm when I went to pick Soph up the car park was full! Polly told me that it wasn't as bad as it looked as one large party was just about to leave, so I escaped home but I still felt guilty! The good thing is that Polly will at least have two days off as the three of us will cover Reception when we re-open on Tuesday.

In the evening we all walked up to Mum and Dad's house for dinner which was lovely. It was very cold and the sky was sprinked with stars but because of the half moon, not as dark as we imagined it would be. We had a lovely beefy stew for dinner and some very good Italian wine and looked at lots of old photos!

No comments: