Thursday 5 January 2012

Same old, same old...

The last two days have been back to normal, both work-wise and at home. Keith came into work with me on Wednesday and then we picked Sophie up from school and took her to the dentist. He seems to think she needs a brace but he also mentioned jaw surgery which was a bit extreme! I definitely said no to that option! She will need to have four teeth out within the next few weeks and then the brace fitted after that. Is it just me or is there a trend to have braces fitted these days, no matter what? It was never an option when I was growing up!

Sophie stayed with us for the rest of the day and when we left work at 3.30 I knew we were cutting it fine to get home in time for Mikey so I asked Sophie to text him. Unbeknown to us, his phone wasn't charged (or even with him) so when we arrived home at 3.50pm, the time the bus normally deposits him outside the estate, he was just about to go into a neighbour's house, poor thing! I felt so guilty, but at least he did the right thing which I was very pleased about. No doubt he'll keep reminding me about how he was locked out of his own home for a long time to come!

The weather has been a bit mad the last couple of days with squally hail showers and some ferocious winds. It's certainly been a shock to the system after the warmth of Lanzarote!

No comments: