Tuesday 3 January 2012

Back to work...

It was a bit of a shock today, getting up at 7am and getting straight into the shower to get ready for my first day back at work after almost three weeks. The weather was absolutely terrible - very strong winds and lashing rain which meant that we would be busy as the children don't go back until tomorrow.

I picked mum up and we at least had a quiet hour until the doors opened at 10am. At one point, just after we opened, we had a tremendous hailstorm and the noise of the wind was really quite frightening.

As expected we were very busy and as well as Sophie, we had another couple of girls in to help so it wasn't too bad. I helped out in the kitchen in between sorting out the wages and the VAT...oh what a welcome back to work!

Sophie and I managed to escape by 5pm and when I went to put some diesel in the car it was freezing cold. Has it waited to snow until we came back from our holiday?!

No comments: