Sunday 29 January 2012

A shopping spree!

I have been very naughty today (and could have been even naughtier) and I've bought a few things for the house which I fell in love with.

Mum, Sophie and me went off to BHS and Homesense in the afternoon as I needed a new lampshade for the living room to replace the one that was old and torn. I saw lots of lovely things in BHS but not really what I wanted - a creamy shade with purples and greens to tie in with the curtains. We trekked next door to Laura Ashley and I immediately saw what I was looking for - a lovely classic, pleated shade with exactly the right shade of purple. It will go against the wall so I needed it to stand out slightly. Ignoring the beautiful bedspreads, curtains and mirrors, we went next door to Homesense and bought a new picture for the living room and a beautiful rug for the bedroom in shades of teal and brown which matches the curtains and the throw exactly. It was then that I spotted a gorgeous chair in the same shade of blue as the wallpaper and I knew I had to have it.

However, I knew I'd be hard pushed getting my purchases into my little A1 already so I asked if I could put the chair aside and pick it up later in the week when I could borrow Dad's car. To my amazement, they said no! Maybe it was a good idea...I can go and think about the chair and decide whether I really want it...or need it!

No comments: