Thursday 26 January 2012

Tuesday 24 January

We have had unrelenting rain today which meant we were super busy at work. Keith and I had to go off to Booker to do an urgent shop after the hectic weekend and when we arrived back the place was in chaos. Luckily, our new Weekend Receptionist, Laura, was in learning the ropes so she was able to cover Reception while Polly and I helped clear tables, wash up and serve. Even Keith helped out!

In the evening, Sophie and I went off to pick mum and dad up from Heathrow, at the new Terminal 5 building. I was really glad they'd phoned me to tell me they were arriving there as they'd left from Terminal 3! They were delayed by two hours so we left at 9pm and timed it exactly right for once, getting to Arrivals ten minutes before they appeared.

Terminal 5 is a beautiful building, all shiny and new and very easy to get to from the M25. We had a good journey home, despite two lanes being closed for roadworks on the M1 and arrived home just after midnight! Yawn!

No comments: