Wednesday 18 January 2012

Girlie night out!

I was long overdue to see my friend Lynda, who is also Godmother to Sophie and Mike, as she had Christmas presents for the children and a Birthday present for me. I, in turn, had a special bottle of wine for her so we arranged to go out for a meal with another friend, Claire, at a seafood restaurant in town.

I know I've blogged about this eaterie before so the last time we went was about a year ago. It's called The Seafood Cafe and is right in the middle of town, but this time, instead of parking a fair distance away, I managed to find a space for the car almost opposite. We sat and waited for Claire and perused the menu over a glass of South African Chenin Blanc which was delicious. When Claire arrived we munched on homemade bread and butter and made our decisions - prawn cocktail to start for Lynda and me and then haddock and chips for the girls to follow while I went for a delicious sounding King Prawn and mussel linguini.

The restaurant was very quiet which was a shame as the food was exceptional. Our prawn cocktails were very good, with plump juicy prawns dressed with a creamy Marie Rose sauce and served with lettuce leaves and crusty bread. The haddock portions were large and crispy and both Claire and Lynda said the fish was succulent and tasty. My pasta dish was sublime and very filling! We all left a little room for dessert, though! Summer fruit pannacotta for Lynda and me and Eton Mess for Claire. With the wine and coffees afterwards the bill came to a shade under £80, which I thought was good value.

We splashed our way home (the weather has turned) and when I arrived home I was ambushed by the children who were desperate to get their hands on their presents!

No comments: