Monday 9 January 2012

Busy, busy!

They say that to get something done, give the task to a busy person, and that was certainly true today! I didn't have a minute to spare as there's been so much to do at work at the moment. We had two interviews to conduct, plus most of the Christmas decorations had to be taken down and put away. Of course, this meant that the areas where we'd put them needed a good clean (including the slides) as they were covered in dust!

Keith and Ian, our electrician/handyman, were equally busy replacing dead light bulbs so they were both working at height on a very precarious scissor lift. At one point I heard a commotion and went rushing outside to find that the thing had nearly toppled over with both of them on board. Not a good thought!

I intended using it myself later in the day, to try and clean some of the overhead girders, but by the time they'd finished and I'd spent a couple of hours hoovering and getting rid of dust and heaving Christmas trees into the storeroom, I was pretty tired. I did go up on it, though, with hands firmly clenching the steel sides as I'm really not a fan of heights. All I managed to do was displace an awful lot of thick dust which covered me from head to foot...good thing the interviews were over!

Back home I took my own hoover out and vacuumed as much as I could of downstairs before diving into the bath. Sophie helped out, bless her, then I took all of our own Christmas decorations (which had been languishing in the conservatory for the last week) upstairs to put away before Sue came around for a drink! It was lovely to finally sit and relax!

No comments: