Friday 4 June 2010

World Cup fever

I'm officially fed up with the World Cup now, even before it's started! Everywhere we went today seemed to have something to do with the football - even the doughnuts in the baker's had red crosses on them! It's mad! Having said that, mum came into work this morning with a World Cup tee-shirt for our Barney Bear mascot to wear when he goes to wish the children a Happy Birthday! I shall be glad when it's all over!

Other major news this week has been terrible - the shooting of twelve people in Cumbria on Wednesday has shocked the entire country and given us reminders of Dunblane in 1996 and Hungerford in 1987. I don't think we'll ever really know what made Derrick Bird shoot all those innocent people who were all going about their daily lives but I just hope they rest in peace.

Today has been hot and sunny but I think we have this weather until tomorrow and then it's going to become cooler and wetter on Sunday and into next week. I have Sue coming over for drinkies tonight and have a bottle of pink Cava lined up for her delectation. I think tonight we'll be sipping in the sunshine!

No comments: