Tuesday 1 June 2010

Mrs Grumpy!

Today has been frustrating and annoying. It's rained all day and we were really busy at work and although we were glad and very appreciative that we had a lot of people in, the public can be extremely stupid at times.

I had Sophie and Mikey in with me. Keith dropped them off at about 10.30am, much later than I expected but at least it gave us a chance to do some work in comparative peace. Sophie helped out in the kitchen and did very well. Next, she'll be running the place!

Late in the afternoon we went to the bank and if anyone is in need of new friends or just general company, then NatWest at Weston Favell is the place to be. As usual, it was heaving and I went and parked the car while mum queued. When I joined her she'd struck up a friendship with a strange man and they were both swapping queue stories while everyone else listened in. It's becoming a real problem at the moment - not just the odd day, but every day the place is packed and they only seem to have two tellers on to cope with the crowds. One woman patrols the queue interrogating people on what they're doing and then shows them how to use the machine in the corner. I think she would be more use actually sitting and dealing with customers, but there you go.

When we got back to work, both of us in a filthy mood, I found a whole crowd of people gathered around two or three tables next to one of the fire doors, blocking it completely. Diplomacy was not my strong point today and I really had to resist the urge to shout at these people who had no thought for the safety of others at all. Another group of women had also set up camp right next to the garden doors and I had to restrain myself tightly otherwise I think we would have lost a few customers today! Arrrrggggh!!!

Back home I finally managed to relax with Keith and Mikey in the conservatory with a game of cards and...yes...a drink!

No comments: