Wednesday 16 June 2010

One of those days...

I'm glad today's over, to be honest. Nothing serious has happened (well, if you ignore the car accident I nearly had), just niggly things that have made today more difficult than it could have been.

We only had half a day at work as we had to be at Mikey's school for 1pm. Keith managed to mow the Nursery garden and then we tore about doing various errands, going to the bank and getting some stuff from Tesco. I had had everything finely planned out involving cars and getting people from one point to another, but it all fell apart when we took mum home early, after the dancing, and Keith decided to drive his own car back to the school so he could go home while I went to pick up Sophie from school...

One of the mums asked for a lift home so I took her while Keith went to get Sophie, forgetting that all our work mail was on the back seat of my car. Our mail is franked so can only go in Franked Mail boxes. When Keith arrived home we had to go back out again which I wasn't happy about! The journey nearly ended in disaster as I almost had an accident on a roundabout which was completely my fault. I was waiting to enter the roundabout to turn right and saw a car coming across. Thinking the car coming from my right had stopped, I went but he carried on. Keith shouted at me so I put my foot down (producing a lot of black smoke!) and managed to avoid him, thank goodness. It really shook me up though and made me realise how accidents can happen so easily.

But anyway...we arrived home and I pottered about in the garden which was a lovely way of relaxing and forgetting the little niggles of the day!

No comments: