Saturday 19 June 2010

Friday 18 June

Oh dear...the whole of England, it seems, was geared up for tonight's match against Algeria and what a disappointment it turned out to be! Keith, amazingly, didn't even go to the pub, preferring to stay at home, have dinner early and get ready for the footie. I vowed this would be a football free zone, but even I was astounded by the poor performance of our players and the huge let-down it must be for England.

The next match is Wednesday. Keith was originally supposed to be in hospital, but because of a drug he takes for his heart, they have cancelled the operation and will have to wait to see if he can come off the drug next year before doing it. This will be dangerously close to our holiday in April, but there's nothing we can do. I have to say, from a purely selfish point of view I'm relieved. But at least he can now watch the football from the sofa!

2 comments:

kitchen princess said...

I've managed to avoid watching a match. Although by the sounds of it England will not be playing many more.

Janie said...

I think you could be spot-on! I have been telling anyone who'll listen that Wayne Rooney, (or Roon Wayney as I call him) our saviour, will not even score a goal...