Friday 11 June 2010

Day off

I fancied having the day off today, so I did! Keith and I planned to have a walk around Pitsford, something we haven't done for ages. The weather was grey and overcast during our walk, but I did take a few photos despite the gloomy skies.

To be on the safe side, we parked Keith's car near the Sailing Club and mine at the car park near Holcot. That gave us the option to just do about 4 miles, which is what we actually did. We walked the long half first and it was very quiet with just a few people running or cycling. When I think back to how I used to do the 7 miles every week with Max the dog, I'm annoyed with myself. This of course led to me doing the 16 mile Holcot Hobble one year which was brilliant but I'd need to do some training before I could attempt that distance again. Keith's hip has been playing up recently and he is due to go into hospital on the 23rd for a hip replacement operation. It's better when he walks but he still felt a bit achey after our 4 miles so we headed back to the car and a late breakfast at home.

I needed to get some wine for tomorrow night so we drove over to Market Harborough to see Duncan. He's still going strong so it was hugs all round and a few minutes spent catching up before we got down to the serious business of choosing some wine. I'm really pleased with my choices (not giving anything away!) and I treated Keith to some beer, plus a sparkling strawberry aperitif for Sue and I tonight.

Back home, we sat out in the garden for half an hour and I surveyed some of the damage that the rain and the bloomin slugs and snails have wreaked over the last few days. They seem to love the Verbena which has all been eaten, as have my lupins in the front garden. Grrrrrr!


http://www.duncanmurraywines.co.uk/

No comments: