Thursday 3 June 2010

Afternoon off!

Well, today has been as relaxing and stress-free as the previous two days have been horrible! Because of the beautiful warm and sunny weather, we were very quiet at work, although luckily we had four parties today. By lunchtime, it wasn't worth hanging around and as it's been a stressful week, Mum, Soph and I went home to enjoy the rest of the day.

As soon as I walked through the door, Keith suggested going to the pub...so we did! You have to grab the opportunity when you can! We had one extra - Mikey's friend - so off we all went and had a delicious lunch of sandwiches and cold drinks sitting in the lovely garden area. Ian, the Landlord, was a bit harried as a lot of other people had the same idea but it was still very peaceful and idyllic sitting under the trees and enjoying the warmth.



Back home, Keith and I sat in the garden and soaked up some more sun and that's where we stayed, more or less, until dinner!

2 comments:

kitchen princess said...

Sounds like a lovely day, I often wish my partner was self employed so he could spend time with me during the day.

Janie said...

Hello princess! Thank you for your comment! I realise I'm a very lucky woman to have hubby at home all day. If he ever decided to go back to work (unlikely!) I'd be devastated!

Janie ;)