Saturday 26 June 2010

Clean-up!

As promised, we had a good clear out of Sophie's room today and cleaned everything in preparation for decorating next week. She threw a lot of stuff out and all her soft toys, including about 12 Fraser Bears, were put into storage in the loft. It was hard, hot work! Maybe one of the warmest days of the year was not a good time to tackle the room, but I had promised and it was great when it was all finished.

After lunch in the garden, we drove to the tip and then B&Q in Northampton to buy paint and look at wallpapers. Ages ago you may remember we bought a new quilt cover and it was important that we found a wallpaper to go with this. The cover is cream with black roses on it and the only one I saw at B&Q was the previously mentioned flock wallpaper. I tore a strip off while Sophie amused herself by picking out papers that I just knew wouldn't really go. I also saw a fabulous one for my room - gold and silvery blue trees which sounds horrible, but isn't. I couldn't resist taking a sample for myself...

On the way home we had to call into work as I hadn't bought enough plastic cups...my fault entirely and my stab at being environmentally friendly backfired on me badly!

When we pinned the samples up on the wall, it was pretty obvious (even to Mikey) that the flock wallpaper looked gorgeous with the quilt cover so it has to be that. We can then get a creamy emulsion for the other three walls and go to town with curtains and a new blind. Sophie still keeps wanting a sort of dusky pink in there as well and I said that would be perfect for cushions, frames and other little touches!

No comments: