Thursday 30 May 2019

Trials and tribulations.

Mike went out last night and assured us that he would be home at a decent time as he had work the next morning but when Sophie went in to wake him up he wasn't there... I checked my phone and found a text he'd sent me at 5am to say he messaged his boss to say he was going to be late but the man had given him the day off! I hope he wasn't telling porky pies!

This is because Mike was paid on Tuesday so now he has some money in the bank...I just hope we don't have this situation every week as Wednesday is Student Night in town and the drinks are cheap. On the topic of being paid, he still doesn't have his payslip even though we have urged him to get it as we have no idea whether he's paying the right amount of tax or not. He won't listen to us though, which annoys me because Keith and I do have some experience of payroll and tax!

When I finished my shift at 3pm, Mike was in the car with Keith and he knew I was annoyed with him. He seems to think he has limitless holiday and again, doesn't realise that his annual leave is on a pro-rata basis as his contract only lasts until October. Kids!

Today has been grey and overcast but we're due a mini-heatwave on Saturday!

No comments: