Monday 20 May 2019

A very early start!

We had a very early start this morning and Sophie was up at 3.30am to get ready. She woke Keith and I at 4.15am and we blearily took her to Thrapston. At least it was light!

When we arrived home I went back to bed and slept for another hour which did me a lot of good. I certainly didn't feel as tired. Keith took Mike to work and I used Sophie's car so it was like old times!

Work was busy again but not as busy as I feared. Next week is the May half term holidays and although we had a fair few calls booking children into our playscheme and onto holiday activities, it wasn't as manic as I expected.

At 2pm I drove over to the Weston Favell Shopping Centre and bought tonight's dinner in Tesco. As we weren't sure what time Sophie would be home we decided to just have soup and a dessert. I bought a delicious Gu cheesecake which was a bit naughty!

I was early for Mike but I relaxed by reading as I waited for him. Because the weather is so good at the moment, parking was difficult so I had to wait further down the road. This confused him a bit until I spotted him and shouted to him! It doesn't take a lot!

Sophie had already texted me to say she was on her way home and we went to collect her at 5pm. It meant we were home at a reasonable hour so we played cards in our sunny conservatory. We used the new cards we'd bought at Muir Woods, which brought back memories!

No comments: