Tuesday 21 May 2019

A walk in the park...

We had a few niggly problems at work today so I felt quite nostalgic about the holiday. I kept thinking about the beach at Carmel and how beautiful it was, and how I wish now we'd spent more time there. It was like being in Paradise for a short while and I'm annoyed we had planned so little time in Monterey and Carmel. Oh well, never mind! We'll just have to make plans to go back!

Keith picked me up at 2pm and because we were very early to get Mike, I decided to go and get my car washed. We went to the BP station but the carwash was closed. This is the second time this has happened so this will be the last time I attempt that! It put me in a really bad mood, for some reason!

We decided to just drive to the park and have an ice-cream at the cafe, but again parking was difficult and I had to squeeze in between two cars. I didn't make a very good job of it!

We walked over to the cafe and I was reminded of three weeks ago when Keith and I had walked around the park on the day before we drove down to Heathrow...I have the holiday blues very badly today!

Keith sat down and I went to get him a cup of tea. and an ice cream for me, from a complete dork behind the counter. Everything I said he gave me the opposite of!

Outside, people were sitting in the sun and enjoying the weather. It was an absolutely beautiful day with a Florida sky and a gentle breeze. Before going back to the car we wandered through the aviaries and we spotted two rats in the peacock enclosure! At first I thought they were part of the display!

The peacock looked thoroughly fed up and I felt sorry for him being cooped up rather than free to wander over the park. The smaller birds looked happier though, and fluttered about busily!

We watched a bowls match in progress and I told Keith I'd booked it for them, which was a bit strange! The woman who called this morning had left it a bit late! A man walking his dog also stopped to watch and engaged us in conversation and Keith blamed me as I always attract people who want to stop and chat!

We saw Mike bombing about on a small vehicle and when he finished we all walked back to the car. He has tomorrow off as I was supposed to have been going to Elstree to see Pointless being filmed but Sophie needs a lift to the station and Keith really didn't want to go, so I've cancelled. Mike took the day off so we didn't have to pick him up in the afternoon but I'm not that gutted, to be honest. I'm hoping there'll be other times to go and watch and Sophie really wants to go with me if we get to go.

Back home we relaxed and as soon as Sophie returned we had another couple of games of cards in the conservatory. Dinner tonight was barbecued beef burgers and very good they were, too!

No comments: