Monday 27 May 2019

Bank Holiday Monday

It was lovely having today as holiday and it was bliss to have a lazy start to the week. The weather was supposed to be good today, but half way through washing my car the heavens opened! I gave it ten minutes until the shower had passed and then went back out and finished cleaning it.

In the afternoon Sophie and I went to Homesense, but before going in we had a coffee at Starbucks. The place was absolutely packed with people and the queue for the drive-thru was mind boggling! Are all of us really that addicted to caffeine?

I chose a sandwich as a late lunch but I'd finished it by the time Sophie brought my coffee over. The queue was horrendous! I chatted with Sophie and said that when I was her age we had never heard of Starbucks or Costa but now they seem to be taking over every corner of our towns and cities! (I have since discovered that Costa is now owned by Coca Cola so no wonder they are everywhere!)

We wandered around Homesense as Sophie was looking for gifts for her friend, Laura, but nothing inspired us so we decided to head home. The old BHS store has now been taken over by The Range which looked full of tat when we peered in through the window! It is good that the space is now occupied, though, as it was horrible seeing the place so empty.

We had planned on sitting in the garden when we got home but the wave of showers put paid to that! We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and played cards in the evening while our chilli cooked in the oven. After dinner, the rain became torrential and the sky darkened. It looks very much like we're having April showers in May!




No comments: