Friday 17 May 2019

A midnight trip...

At least this week has been a short one in terms of working and it seems that Friday has come around very quickly!

Work was fine, but busy, which it will be now as I've been given extra duties, such as monitoring all the customer service emails that come in and dealing with them. It means that I literally don't have a spare minute!

Keith had a doctor's appointment at 2pm today so I popped over to Tesco and bought some groceries for my parents who are returning home tonight. I sat and waited for him in the Costa downstairs, not realising he had asked me to meet him upstairs! Luckily I spotted him!

We went to get Mike and had a half hour wait. When he came out he was carrying a big tray of flowers that were going to be thrown out so he had rescued them to give to me! They made my day!

Sophie and I couldn't have wine night tonight as we had to go up to Birmingham at midnight to fetch my parents home. I wasn't sure what to expect and had arranged for assistance for them, both at the airport in Madeira and at Birmingham. Before we went we called into their house to put the lights on and put the shopping away and we were surprised to find a car on their driveway! It belonged to the people next door whose parents were staying but I wish they had asked first!

The journey to Birmingham was marred slightly by almost continuous roadworks on the M6 but we arrived in plenty of time and while we waited Sophie treated us to a hot chocolate from Costa. We also mooched about the M&S food shop and salivated over all the lovely foods!

My parents arrived and as they hadn't any hold luggage came through very quickly. My Dad was walking and seemed fine so all of that worry was for nothing. They both looked extremely smart! We all walked over to the car park and although my Dad was a bit slow, he was fine with just a stick to help him.

In the car on the way home my Mum confessed to hating the cruise ship and especially their cabin which was tiny. I suspect my Dad was ill for a while, but that just provided the perfect excuse to come home!

No comments: