Tuesday 28 May 2019

An evening treat!

I took Mike to work this morning to give Keith a break and went in straight away as I knew I had lots of work ahead of me. I was doing the Box Office returns as well as any orders that came in...oh, and answering the phones!

I was working with Jo and we had a pleasant start to day but that lulled us into a false sense of security...after about 9.30am the phones went mad and stayed that way for the rest of our shift! I wished I could have stayed on longer as I had invoices to sort out, but my replacement was champing at the bit to get into my seat so I had to go at 2pm.

I then had an hour and a half to wait for Mike and I managed to grab a parking space by the park where I read my book and napped. I'm sure my time could have been used better, so I might suggest to Keith that we use this hour to do some shopping and get what we need for Monday when he goes on a Thursday. It poured with rain periodically which was probably why I was able to find a space! It's half term in the UK at the moment so very busy everywhere.

We had a very pleasant evening as Sophie and I had booked to go to the Northampton Filmhouse to see Destination Wedding starring Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves. Mike and Keith went for a drink while we enjoyed the film, which was excellent and thoroughly enjoyable. Just the two main actors had speaking parts and the film reminded me very much of Sideways. It was set in San Luis Obispo as well, which is in the central part of California, so that was lovely, and the wedding of the title was situated in a vineyard, which brought back some nice memories!

When we came out, Mike said he and Keith had just ordered a drink so we met them in The Old Bank before going on to Akasaka for a delicious meal. I started with Tempura King prawns followed by sweet and spicy chicken with rice. Keith and Sophie had their usual Katsu curry while Mike enjoyed his spicy chicken Ramen. It was scrumptious and made a lovely end to a somewhat hectic day!

No comments: