Sunday 19 May 2019

Just pottering...

I was in bed until 9.30am today and I think the jet lag is catching up with me! Sophie woke me up to say she was going to the gym and I went downstairs to have a much-needed cup of coffee. The weather was a lot better today and I decided to tackle the long grass on our front verge and do a general tidy up.

As always, it was very sociable and I caught up with Michelle who drove past. She seemed to think the same as me about Sharon and I found out that Paul had met her online! I thought he'd known her before he split with Sue so I was all the more surprised!

I cut the grass and weeded the garden and it looked a lot better when I'd finished. I also cut Vince and Sue's front verge as it was looking like a jungle!

When I finished I put all the flowers Mike had given me into pots and some into the border in the corner of the back garden. I'm hoping they will add some colour! Keith fetched me a cold beer and I sat in the conservatory with Sophie and drank it - bliss!

I was planning on taking the car through the carwash but just before we decided to leave, the heavens opened and we had torrential rain! I'm so glad I had waited! This was perfect for watching television with Sophie (we have a lot of recorded programmes to catch up with...I have about 20 episodes of Neighbours to get through!). I, of course, fell asleep so I must be trying to capture some of the hours we lost on the flight home!

Keith cooked dinner of beef stroganoff tonight but we've decided to watch the recorded Eurovision next weekend. At 8.30pm we were all in bed! Sophie is going up to Stockton-on-Tees tomorrow and has to be at her manager's house at 5am...yikes!


No comments: