Saturday 25 May 2019

Bank Holiday weekend!

Friday was a quiet, uneventful day and things were back to normal on the work front. I took Mike to work and had a busy shift myself, but at 2pm I was free to go home as my son was off to see some friends. It was a real bonus getting home at 2.30pm!

When Sophie returned from work we went down into town to pick him up and then we had half an hour of relaxation before preparing dinner. We opened a bottle of French sparkling wine to celebrate the forthcoming long weekend!

Saturday was spent at home catching up with things and making the most of the beautiful weather. Tomorrow and Monday are going to be cooler and showery so it was lovely to mooch about and spend some time sitting in the garden soaking up the sunshine.

At the moment the garden is alive with baby starlings shrieking to be fed and we have been visited by Rooky, the magpies and several Jackdaws as they look for food, no doubt to feed their babies as well. As soon as we put food down it disappears! I really think May is the loveliest month as everything is green and new and you can almost see things growing!

Keith made a delicious beef pie for dinner and Sophie and I opened the bottle of Merlot we bought at the Hans Fahden winery. It was stunningly delicious, and so it should be for $28! I was just worried that it wouldn't live up to our expectations, but it did.

We watched Eurovision in the evening, which we had recorded last week but we only made it through to Madonna's weird appearance on the show...I have no idea what it was all about!

No comments: