Saturday 18 May 2019

New friends...

As we'd had such a late night last night (we went to bed at 2am after a nightcap) I didn't wake up until 10am this morning! Mike was out and I had warned him not to call us early to be picked up, but he eventually did at midday.

Sophie and I went to get him and on our return we had a late breakfast (or lunch!). Today the weather has been a bit off with lots of cloud and cooler temperatures.

In the afternoon Sophie and I went to Riverside and my daughter treated me to a coffee. The place was packed and I just about managed to get a table! Afterwards, we went to Next where Sophie bought some trousers (she's now a size 8 - she has done so well with losing weight) and Wilco's where I bought bird food and compost for the flowers Mike brought home yesterday.

On the way home we called to see Mum and dad and took them all the pamphlets and stuff we had collected on our trip. They were looking forward to hearing all about our holiday as they both love California and San Francisco in particular.

We left at 6pm and arrived to find Keith in the bath. I jumped in after him as we are out tonight for dinner at Richard and Michelle's house and we're meeting Paul's new girlfriend, Sharon. It will seem very strange seeing him with another woman after knowing him and Sue for so long! Sophie was not best pleased with us as tonight is Eurovision and we traditionally watch it as a family...

We were the first to arrive and we stood and chatted in Richard and Michelle's beautiful kitchen and conservatory. The weather had improved a bit but it wasn't warm enough to sit outside. After a few minutes Paul and Sharon arrived and it did feel very strange seeing them together. Paul seems very happy and Sharon was nice, but I think it's going to take a while to adapt!

We had a lovely meal of chilli, rice and salad and there was a lot of affection going on between Paul and Sharon, which was hilarious! OK, we get it! The cats came in after a while and Lily was very affectionate. I hope she remembers me from when I looked after them a few months ago!

Keith and I were a bit weary tonight after our late evening yesterday so by 11pm we were ready to head home. We have planned a movie night for the next get-together and we've chosen Casablanca as the film to watch. I just hope there isn't a back row!

No comments: