Sunday 26 May 2019

Niggling annoyances...

Today has been one of those days when things have been out of "sync" if that makes sense...Keith and I bickered a lot this morning as I nearly ran him over in the car when I was trying to get out of the way of a car behind me (just as he opened the door to get in), and then I stepped on his toe when we visited Mum and Dad after shopping in Tesco... it wasn't a brilliant start to the day!

Yesterday we had tree surgeons at the house opposite for most of the day and I was a bit sad that they'd taken a tree down that we could see from our front window. All the birds used to sit in it but now it's gone. The noise from the chainsaws and the shredding machine was tremendous and it was a bit annoying seeing as it was a Bank Holiday weekend! They were back again this morning at 9.30am and started it all up again! We now have new neighbours in this particular house but we haven't seen them or spoken to them yet.

I'd sorted all of our recycling out yesterday with the aim of taking it all to Milton Keynes today and Sophie offered to drive. I suggested we go on the M1 as she hasn't yet driven on a motorway, and as there is a 50mph speed limit at the moment because of roadworks, I thought it would be an ideal opportunity for her to use it for the first time today.

It was only when we were driving past the house where we take the recycling that I realised we'd left it all at home... I mean, really? I am such a twit! It was the only reason to be going to Milton Keynes in the first place!

We parked in the usual multi-storey and went straight to John Lewis to have a bite to eat. I fancied their soup which has always been delicious in the past but today it was lukewarm and tasteless. Oh dear! Sophie had a baguette and wasn't that impressed with it, either!

We had a look around the shops but didn't linger. Before leaving we popped into M&S and we treated our selves to a lovely bottle of Californian wine to go with our Coq au Vin this evening. Keith and I had bought a couple of bottles of wine in Tesco this morning but the Barefoot Zinfandel I'd picked out wasn't very good!

Back home it was bliss to watch the last episode of Big Little Lies (the next series is coming out on the 10 June, yippee!) and sip the delicious wine!

No comments: